Working in Nevada

Many jobs in Nevada require one or more of the following:


Sheriff’s Card / Work Card


Food Handler Safety Program / Health Card


Drink / Alcohol Awareness Card

empty spacer

Juvenile Work Permits

Nevada Revised Statutes do not require that a youth age 14 and over have work permits. NRS does not require that youth under 14 have permission from the District Court Judge. Further information regarding juvenile work permits can be located in the NRS Chapter 609.

If your child’s employer requires a Juvenile Work Permit, please contact the Self Help Center at (702)455-1500.